Are you seeking a job opportunity with a company that is innovative, growing rapidly and fast-paced? Desert Aire LLC, an industry-leading manufacturer of HVAC related equipment is looking to hire a Manufacturing Engineering Technician for an immediate opening at our Germantown facility.
The person we are looking will share in responsibilities for the following:
- Create or update various forms of assembly documentation using Word, SolidWorks, SolidWorks Composer, or other software types.
- Create or update CAM files and related BOM details
- Work collaboratively with all functional areas to identify and implement manufacturing process and product design improvements.
- Demonstrates the ability to independently manage multiple projects, prioritize activities learn quickly, and to work independently with limited supervision.
- Act as hands-on team leader and/or member in continuous improvement events.
- Proactively interface with other departments to determine best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Complete time studies to quantify assembly times and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Assist with hands on training of Production Department employees as new processes are implemented.
- Assist in the completion of Product and Department Audits.
- In collaboration with Engineering, Purchasing and Manufacturing, identify suppliers for specified raw materials, sub-assemblies, processes, and services.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts.
- Work with Engineering, Purchasing and other departments to produce cost estimates for product design improvements.
- Investigate manufacturing problems affecting production and dealing with them in a systematic, methodical manner.
- Identify, justify, source, procure, install, and commission capital equipment in support of process improvement initiatives.
- Limited travel.
The Manufacturing Engineering Technician that we are looking for should have the following knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
- Education and/or Experience: Engineering Technician Degree in engineering field from an accredited college or university; five years experience in engineering or lean manufacturing and/or training; or a combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of SolidWorks or Inventor; Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and previous exposure to CAM software. SolidWorks Composer experience is a plus.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customer, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inferences, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and lift 25 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
Desert Aire offers a competitive salary and a full benefits package, including, health, dental, vision and life insurance, other voluntary benefits, 401K with a generous match and profit sharing, holidays, personal days, vacation and tuition reimbursement. Join an innovative and team oriented company as we continue to be the leader in our industry.
Email your resume and salary history to Dave Evert, Manufacturing Engineering Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about Desert Aire at www.desert-aire.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer