DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creation or modification of 3D copper piping systems to adhere to internal standards.
- Modify existing partial 3D models to meet the particular requirements for a given order.
- Ensure drawing and designs adhere to established specifications and standards.
- Produce all necessary production documentation for successful product manufacturing.
- Assist in product changes. This includes developing drawings for release, Engineering Change Orders, production instructions, and bill of material changes within our business system.
- Interpretation of new application work / product development ideas and concepts into a fully dimensioned design suitable for direct manufacture and assembly.
- Assist manufacturing team members in the assembly and testing of products. Investigate root cause when issues arise.
- Ability and willingness to develop and maintain an understanding of dehumidification equipment.
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong customer service focus.
- Maintain professional standards of integrity and honesty in representing Desert Aire.
- Maintain the quality service standards of Desert Aire.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Require an associate's degree in 3D modeling (SolidWorks experience preferred) or 2 or more years of experience in similar role. Designing with sheet metal and/or piping preferred.
- A high degree of experience in 3D modeling and 2D CAD programs and willingness to adapt those skills to SolidWorks and AutoCAD. Continuously improve CAD expertise and help other CAD Team Members with technical support, training and general assistance as required.
- Familiarity with CAD conventions, practices, and procedures.
- A critical eye and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and have a “Make it Happen” attitude.
- Understands and able to execute proper and cost effective designs of unit cabinets and internals as required.
- Willingness to learn and understand refrigeration systems piping schematics.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Access, and Word highly preferred.
The CAD Operator is tasked with creating accurate SolidWorks models, assembly drawings, and part drawings of dehumidification equipment. Developing documentation necessary for the successful manufacture of the components and systems. Coordinates and consults with engineers or designers to complete projects. In addition, CAD Operator reviews engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards. This position reports to the Product Engineering Manager.