We're Looking for a Regulatory and Certification Engineer
Desert Aire LLC, an industry-leading manufacturer of HVAC related equipment is looking to hire a Regulatory and Certification Engineer for an immediate opening at our Germantown facility working closely with Engineering departments of all Multistack group companies in a team format.
The person we are looking for will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinates the creation and maintenance of safety standard listings throughout the Multistack group of companies. This includes safety listings for new products and revisions to existing reports.
- Oversees performance certification programs at all companies including compiling production data and sending to performance data at trade organizations.
- Recommends areas of intercompany standardization of components to facilitate manufacturing of products at alternate sites within the organization, particularly for components in the listings.
- Attends meetings at trade industry organizations, regulatory agencies, and national societies to monitor and report on new activities of DOE and state organizations
The Regulatory and Certification Engineer that we are looking for should have the following qualifications, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities:
- Education and/or Experience: Engineering Degree in engineering field from an accredited college or university; a minimum of ten years related experience in safety listing and/or performance certification programs; or a combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, Access. Experience with Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks is preferred.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desert Aire offers a competitive salary and a full benefits package, including, health, dental, vision and life insurance, other voluntary benefits, 401K with a generous match and profit sharing, holidays, personal days, vacation and tuition reimbursement. Join an innovative and team oriented company as we continue to be the leader in our industry.
Email your resume and salary history to Craig Burg, VP of Engineering, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about Desert Aire at www.desert-aire.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer